Mittwoch, 26. Juni 2013

COCONUT SYRUP

It's summer, I have one week vacation and the weather is really turning me off. Last week we had about 38°C here in Mannheim,yesterday we had 17° C. I'm a summer girl, I can stand the heat so give me sunshine please! So here is something, that maybe brings a little sunshine to your heart, if you don't have already enough.

I'm such a coconut addict, it's one of my favorite things to eat & drink.
I wanted to make this coconut syrup for pina colada cocktails (because I love pina colada of course). So I did it.

I think it turned out o.k. I expected something more coconut tasting flavor but not everything you try out the first time turns out like your favorite thing, guess you know what I mean.
The syrup is really sweet, I found a recipe that even took less sugar than others but I had to add the double amount of coconut milk. It was a way to sweet for me but it's still really sweet.
I guess I make myself some fluffy buttermilk pancakes and drizzle some of my sweet coconut milk syrup on it, that sounds quite yummy. Or what about all the coffee and tea lovers? That would be a cute couple, don't you think?
I have to mention this isn't really a recipe. It's so easy you can really handle that one.


ingredients

800 ml coconut milk
1/2 cup cane sugar


How you do it

Mix together in a large pot, bring to boil, stir occasional and let simmer for about 15 till 20 minutes till it thickens up to a syrup. Fill in a bottling jar.

 Serve with pancakes, in your tea or coffee or in a cocktail.
 With a little tag it's also a beautiful gift. Enjoy the beautiful summer time, xo Jess

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen